Slowly chugging along on #arachnews but it seems I open another tab for every one I finish writing up 😓
Just posted a new #Arachnews! In the latest roundup of arachnid art, news, and science:
- VR spiderweb sound art, award-winning photos, and more media
- upcoming arachnology events
- slingshot spiders and harvesters on treadmills
- new species with nerdy and muscial names
- and more!
🕷️ ⭐ 🕸️ ⭐ 🦂
I'M BACK, BITCHES. In the latest #Arachnews:
- awesome photos and art
- the latest retractions in the ongoing #PruittData fraud scandal
- new research in venom, silk, ecology, and agriculture
- new species, including one named after Gollum
- and more!
okay, ignorant question, but...is there really any practical difference between "natural"/organic pesticides and conventional ones?
i've been reading lots of papers about potential pesticides for #arachnews (because mites) and many are touted as "natural" but like...
a very newsy day
- put out #Arachnews
- trans journalists association membership went through
- subscribed to west end phoenix a while back [a local nonprofit paper] and first issue arrived. i want to pitch a small column to them and i figured i should put my money where my mouth is
- signing up for a virtual #SciComm conference 'cause it's free
impostor syndrome going haywire because I'm jUsT a BlOgGeR haha
I WROTE THING. In this #Arachnews:
picky black widows
the effects of Arctic climate change
tons of new species
Had hoped to finish #Arachnews today but between the heat and depression I am exhausted and cannot focus. It seems it will end up being every two weeks rather than weekly.
The new #Arachnews is out! The latest art, news, and research about spiders, scorpions, and even weirder things:
i get to explain how naming species is like roller derby
I finally wrote thing!!!
In the latest #arachnews:
- arachnological orgs' statements on #BlackLivesMatter
- arachnologists on livestreams
- new research on climate change & cannibalism/sex warfare/how tailless whipscorpions sense the world/and much more…
me writing up new species for #arachnews
p. p. s. i've settled for "Myanmar" as the noun, "Burmese" as the adjective (e. g. "a new species found in Myanmar" but "Burmese amber")
writing up #Arachnews, 11 items left!
*ignores World Spider Catalog, 6 unread Google Scholar search alert digests in inbox, Twitter faves*
things I didn't get done last week: #arachnews
things I did get done:
- minimum of work
- got med refills
- got cat litter
- some spidering
I wrote a thing! In this week's #Arachnews, a roundup of arachnid art, news, and science:
- cool crafts
- science at home
- big changes for jumping spider & pirate spider family trees
- venom pharmaceutical research
- and more!
it's the best day of the week. #arachnews day. we got cool photos, art, podcasts, videos, and lots of new science. put it in your face 🕷️ 🦂 🕸️
#Arachnews time! In this week's roundup of arachnid art, news, and science:
- #ACNH's Infinite Tarantula Island
- 7 new peacock jumping spiders
- an animal behaviour conference cancelled
You may have forgotten what day of the week it is. It's #Arachnews day! In the latest edition:
- a bunch of postponed conferences
- 3D jumping spider models
- spiders with noses, harvestpeople with unicorn horns
- and more! 🕷️ 🦂 🕸️